[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

TV Shows - Totally OT

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2014, at 10:53 a.m.

In Response To: TV Shows - Totally OT (Stick)

I am the wrong person to answer this. I can see that you are looking for light entertainment with an emphasis on sit-coms. My taste runs towards PBS, with an emphasis on documentaries. So, we’re not going to find much overlap.

In fact, a while back I canceled my cable TV. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed watching documentaries on the Internet.

Although these are not for everybody, I would like to recommend the following series that I have been watching recently.

MathHistory: A course in the History of Mathematics

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL55C7C83781CF4316

By N. J. Wildberger
23 videos
18 hours

Starting with the ancient Greeks, we discuss Arab, Chinese and Hindu developments, polynomial equations and algebra, analytic and projective geometry, calculus and infinite series, number theory, mechanics and curves, complex numbers and algebra, differential geometry, topology and hyperbolic geometry. Meant for a broad audience, not necessarily mathematics majors. There are 17 lectures.

Course | Quantum Entanglements: Part 1 (Fall 2006)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A27CEA1B8B27EB67

By StanfordUniversity
9 videos
15 hours

This Stanford Continuing Studies course is the first of a three-quarter sequence of classes exploring "quantum entanglements" in modern theoretical physics. The course is taught by Leonard Susskind, the Felix Bloch Professor of Physics at Stanford University.

For “entertainment,” my idea is to watch college lectures in math and physics. I’m hopeless.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.