[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

another thought

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 6:57 a.m.

In Response To: I have just the board for you (Robert Chow)

The L001 FM board is an excellent leather board. I love FM boards and I helped the company get started and was an advisor to them from the beginning. I believe I had either the first or second board they ever made. You can't go wrong with an FM board.

However, at $450 (plus $25 extra for shipping to Canada) you might consider the 869 Turkish board which I represent exclusively in North America. Also all-leather, also a board surface like the FM board which is washable, and also highest quality everything. The checkers are dimpled 1-3/4" and hand made and beautifully marbled. Highest quality hardware; corners are now reinforced with metal (like the Gammoner boards); and the fit is perfect. The surface has the perfect bounce and the cups match the board and are padded perfectly inside with nice lips.

You can have any color combinations of leather, surface and points you like, and you can have the rounded points or triangular. Also, for no extra charge, you can personalize the board with a picture, logo, or your name in the center.

I have sold 24 of these boards in less than a month that I have become the North American distributor. Why? Because they are about as perfect a board as you can find for half the price. By the way, it's 29" X 22"--a nice, full-sized board.

When you consider the price, including shipping, and the quality, you can't go wrong. And if you get it and don't like it, I'll give you a full refund (less the shipping.)

So if you are in the market for a leather board, you won't find finer for twice the price, and I've owned and sold many.

There are pictures of a couple of them on the backgammoncurious web site. My personal board is black aligator style leather and has a logo and my name in the center...it's elegant. We've been playing on it in the chouette constantly for a month and when I clean it with a little soap and water, it looks like new.

Oh, another thing I love about this board: my baffle box sits on it nicely and doesn't extend too far into the board to get in the way of checker movement. I've never had a better product for a better price.

Optional leather carrying bag, personalized with your logo or name, for $110.00 (or a cloth one for $60.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.