[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

got you beat

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 10:55 p.m.

In Response To: another thought (Robert Chow)

Not counting used boards that have been donated for kids programs that are in my store room (14) and USBGF 18" boards for the kids program (12), I have:

2 FM Boards 1 Brazilian Board 1 Gammoner Board 2 869 boards and soon will have 4 more 1 round board 1 velvet-covered crisloid board 1 custom Tim Shroeder leather board 1 travel aires board

I thought I had a lot of boards until I interviewed Robert Stoller of Alaska who estimates he has 6 dozen boards, all fine tournament boards including some of the most expensive brands. By the way, he just bought an 869 board from me and plans to buy more.

I have sold all my Taki and Zavoral boards, and I have great respect for their work and loved their boards while I had them.

Every one of my boards is for sale, except the velvet covered crisloid with the super heavy, large checkers.

Anyone with used boards, I need more for the USBGF Boards for Kids program. You will get a tax deduction for any boards, and I will be quite liberal in my valuation of the boards donated. I have three projects schedule where I will be giving away boards to kids coming up in the next 4 months, including one where there will be 40 high school freshmen girls taking backgammon as a class in their summer camp. I'd love to give each girl a board. I also give them a simple set of rules, a diagram showing how to set up the board and the direction of play, basic strategies, and I hope to give each a T-Shirt.

Thanks to Jeb Horton for donating several boards (Coolrey also sent several last year that have been distributed); thanks to Steve Blanchard for donating money and some T-shirts; and thanks to a long list of previous donators who are listed on the USBGF web site.

If you have boards to send, email me and I'll give you my address, and if you would like to donate money to the program, you can send money via paypal to donations@usbgf.org and earmark it for the Boards for Kids Program.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.