[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcription Payment

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Friday, 30 May 2014, at 7:17 p.m.

At Bill Riles' request, Justin Nunez and I have recorded a video explaining how to transcribe matches. It will be posted on the USBGF facebook site and links here for all who wish to see it.

Justin and I raised an issue relative to compensation for people who donate their time and effort to do transcriptions, be they live or from videos. It clearly is a time-consuming and taxing job, and I believe there should be compensation.

So, while I am not telling anyone else what they should do, I am paying anyone who transcribes a match of mine, and sends it to me, $20.00. William Patterson emailed me earlier today and offered to transcribe my Board Final Match with Malcolm Robertson, and he offered to do it free, but I have paid him via paypal, and I will pay anyone else in the future.

I am happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this, but I hope this sets a precedence.

If there is someone who is doing transcription and for some reason doesn't want the money, I think they should charge anyway just for the sake of the others, and they can, if they want, donate the money to pay for streaming.

There was a jar at the tournament to help pay for Rynelle and the internet which I contributed to, but I would like to see a more formal way to donate to this cause. Maybe a paypal account where any of us can send donations? Or maybe a donation to the USBGF that is earmarked for streaming?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.