[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

on that note.....

Posted By: Fatboy
Date: Tuesday, 10 June 2014, at 8:47 p.m.

In Response To: I have a dumb question (ah_clem)

on that note, something that irritates me more than I can stand(i'm not easily irritated)is when people say its a series of 7 and its 2-2 as a example after game 4. Who cares what game number it is? Its a race to 4 simple as that. The "7" has ZERO to do with anything. at 2-2 its 2a-2a nothing else matters.

I tried to explain this to my friend who watches baseball, the series score was 3-2 Yankees. I replied "Well the Yankees are on the hill and need 1 to win". He couldn't understand the concept of being 1a-2a, he had to do all the math based on the 7 game series concept. It was beyond him to understand that the total games is not a factor, only how many wins a team needs to win a series. He is a pit boss in Vegas past 30 years, go figure....Not like he cant count down a tray of chips in 10-15 seconds.

I have met MANY people who cant wrap their brain around that concept. the scary thing is we share the roads with people who are this dumb. I'm far from the sharpest knife in the drawer. However knowing what is required to win is more important than total games aint that hard.

sorry for the poor grammar, i'm much better spoken on the phone than keyboard. I think I made my point.

kindest regards

Eric

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.