[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XGM DMP's Bearoff

Posted By: Wolfgang
Date: Monday, 30 June 2014, at 9:17 p.m.

In Response To: XGM DMP's Bearoff (Keene)

3 checkers already off and a satisfying race lead of 31 pips. I think the best move will result in the fewest hitting chances for White. This can be achieved if Blue chooses that move which provides the best checker distribution for his next roll. First, I had three (actually two) candidate moves in my mind:

1. 4/0, 3/0
  2. 5/1, 3/0
  3. 5/1, 4/1

The first move 4/0, 3/0 bears off two checkers, but apparently leaves an ugly distribution. Blue will be faced with a large number of 22 critcal or even bad rolls: 66, 55, 44, 33, 65, 64, 63, 62, 54, 53, 52, 43, 42.

5/1, 3/0 bears off only one checker, but leaves a far better distribution for the next roll. 66, 55, 44, 63, 53, 43, 32 are critical or even bad rolls (a total of 11 rolls).

5/1, 4/1 does not bear off any checker at all, but leaves a smooth distribution. 63, 53, 32 are bad, and 43 is critical. A total of 8 rolls. Therefore, it is the safest and probably the best move in the current position, I think. The huge race lead and three checkers already borne off can give compensation for the fact that 5/1, 4/1 does not bear off a checker.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.