[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

JokerGammon - New BG variant

Posted By: tuvi
Date: Friday, 6 February 2015, at 7:07 p.m.

I have invented a new backgammon variant that I have been playing with some local friends and we are enjoying it very much so I thought I would share it with y'all.

Everything is the same as regular BG, but you roll 3 dice instead of two. The third die is special (you can use a small cube to make it easier for marking). If the special die comes up as 6 (or 64 if using cube) then if the other 2 dice are not doubles you can play any non-double move you like.

So if you rolled 5-2 and the special die lands on 64 you can play any 2 numbers as long as it's not doubles. You can play 65, 31, 42, 62, 61 etc...

If you roll doubles with the special die landing on 64, like 3-3 (64) you can play any doubles you like, but it must be a doubles.

The opening roll does not include the special die.

That is the variant, but there is one last additional rule.

If you roll 6-6 (64) then you must play 66 but you have the option to turn the cube an additional turn regardless of who owns the cube. So if your opponent is holding a 2 cube, you may force him to turn it to 4, but your opponent still retains ownership of the cube. He does not have an option to drop this extra turn of the cube. You may agree before the game to only allow this to happen once per game.

If anyone actually plays this let me know what you think.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.