[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congrats Ray! Congrats to DC event!

Posted By: Phil simborg
Date: Monday, 23 February 2015, at 9:00 p.m.

In Response To: Congrats Ray! Congrats to DC event! (Jason Lee)

Jason: When you run a BG tournament or any other gaming or sporting event for that matter, you must know going in that there will be a few jerks, a few clueless people who are just too stupid or inconsiderate to check the schedule, and a few people who just turn into jerks because of the stress and competition. That leaves about 90 percent who are considerate and greatly appreciate people like you who work so hard to run a great event.

If you are going to work at or run a tournament you need to have the temperament to deal with the jerks and not let them get you down. If you are not built that way, you should not run tournaments.

The reason I sm sure this is good advice is that I know from experience that I am not built that way and that is why I no longer run tournsments. When someone is a total jerk I don't have the constitution to handle it nicely and patiently and I can't just forget what an A-hole he was and forget it.

You are not doing yourself or anyone else a favor if you can't ignore the jerks. Maybe it will help you to know that 90 percent or more really appreciate what you and the other directors do for the game. I hope so, because we really need good, smart, hard working people like you involved.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.