[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Paying for Transcriptions?

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Thursday, 11 June 2015, at 3:05 p.m.

There has been some discussion about appropriate ways of remunerating the folks who do the streaming of matches, but I was wondering whether it might make sense to also have a friendly tradition of paying a nominal fee for XG transcriptions of matches.

I'm not thinking so much here just about the matches that get streamed and transcribed, but also the many folks who go to the trouble of setting up cameras for all their matches. Most of these people cheerfully take my email down and happily agree to send along the file if / when they transcribe it -- a very generous gesture.

But despite willingness, it's not surprising that most files never materialize as people must get way behind in getting them transcribed. I'm wondering whether it might encourage more transcribing if there was a tradition that opponents interested in receiving the file reciprocating by sending a nominal Paypal fee -- I'm thinking something like $2 per game, or perhaps $7 + $1 per game, or some such amount.

I'm curious what the match-recorders out there would think about this -- would it encourage you to do more transcribing? Also wondering whether other players would be happy to pay some kind of thank-you fee for transcription of selected matches.

Albert

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.