[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube Reference Position Flash Cards

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Sunday, 30 August 2015, at 12:28 p.m.

I have started creating a set of flash cards based on the positions in Woolsey's The Backgammon Encyclopedia for use with the gflash+ app.

You can find downloads of the app for Android and IOS devices at http://www.gwhizmobile.com/gWhiz/Apps.php?search=gWhiz

(Note: I have no connection with gWhiz and have no financial interest in this at all. It just happens to be the app I found that would support this.)

Once you have the app loaded you can download the flashcard set from the gwhiz catalog. The set I currently have available is called Backgammon BlitzCubeRefPos. (if you search Backgammon you should find it)

This set contains all of the positions from Chapter 1 of Woolsey's book (plus one additional position I added). I have replaced the cube decision information and winning percentages with xg roller ++ information, although I don't think there are any significant differences in these.

All of these are for unlimited games, and from blacks perspective as they appear in the diagrams. I have limited the info in the answer section hopefully to aid memorization, so it gives the cube decision D/T, D/P etc, win % (gammon%, bg%) for black. The position number from Woolsey is also shown. I started rounding to whole numbers, than changed to one decimal place along the way for the win % so there are some minor inconsistencies in rounding.

At least on Android you must have an internet connection when viewing the cards for the images to link. IOS supposedly does not require this but I have not tested that.

I am planning on doing this for other positions in the book in the future. Let me know if there is interest and I will make those available as I get them done.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.