[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Othello Quiz 2015, Problem 1 (Variants, etc.)

Posted By: othello
Date: Thursday, 29 October 2015, at 6:39 a.m.

In Response To: Othello Quiz 2015, Problem 1 (Variants, etc.) (Nack Ballard)

I am respectful to you. I read your book 3 times and I learned a lot of things from it. It gave me important suggestions. It is an honor that you discussed the problem 1.

I am creating Othello Quiz for Japan Open since 1999. Japan Open is the biggest backgammon event in Japan. Participants are from beginners to top players. Thus I do not pursue only difficulty in my quizzes. It contains pleasure, surprise, beauty, difficulty, tactics, and research subjects. I hope that my quizzes are useful for the backgammon community.

I noticed possibility of cube action of problem 1 when I was thinking about it. I checked it with XG2, and it was just on the boundary line. I think it is also on the boundary line in your rollout.

Surprisingly, I thought about the same board position as variant 2. But I did not adopt it. Because I felt that it lost beauty and sharpness of the best move.

variant 3 and 4 are intersting. I did not think about them when I was thinking about problem 1.

I hope you find more variants of Othello-quiz positions.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.