[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Shahab Ghodsi vs. Carter Mattig: who is more hated?

Posted By: Carter Mattig
Date: Thursday, 12 November 2015, at 2:56 p.m.

I had an interesting bet offered to me in Cyprus. Shahab (to know him is to hate him) had owed me 100 euro last year for losing to Steen Gronbech in the master's final. He came up to me before and said "oh, you think your Danish friend can beat me? You want to put some money on it? I said a hundred, he stuck out his hand, against all my conditioning I shook it, and the bet was made. Now, he also then barred me from watching the match (I was "distracting") and it was the last night, so I didn't see him until this year. When I saw him, I asked for the money, he denied the bet ever took place even though I had witnesses to the bet. But he offered this: we take a "secret" vote among the players as to who is more hated and the loser never goes to another tournament again. Now, I of course would accept the bet, but since he is a deadbeat, I also had to stress the parameters, like...they actually have to have an interaction with us. He was I guess trying to tap into some anti american sentiment or something? Anyway, the bet didn't go through, he didn't pay, and I mocked him mercilessly throughout the tournament. And he is back to number one on my most hated backgammon player list.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.