[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT: Golf poll, Majors in the next 5 years

Posted By: rory
Date: Wednesday, 20 January 2016, at 6:14 p.m.

I can't remember who I was talking to last fall after Day won the BMW Championship and Spieth won the Tour Championship but someone posed the question...

In the next five years, of the 20 Majors to be played how many will Spieth, Day, and McIlroy combine to win?

I instantly thought about 10 as these are the three best players in the world, they are young, and they all seem to be able to rise to the occasion in the big moment.

But now I am thinking 10 is too high. Injuries, for one could easily derail at least one of them. Also, with the Tiger effect there could be many more new players turning Pro in the next few years that could significantly add to the number of truly elite golfers at the top of the leaderboard.

So what do you think? Is 10 combined Major wins too many for Spieth, Day and McIlroy in the next 5 years? Would you bet under or over? Where would you set the over/under line?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.