[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Big Things Are Coming

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 18 September 2017, at 1:27 p.m.

Big things are coming!

Imagine: Imagine backgammon tournaments in the future with automatic transcription and streaming of every match, and every match is automatically reported on the web site and anyone in the world with the app can watch any match they want and see the tournament results in real time.

Imagine that every match and game you play at your local club or on line also goes into an international database so everyone is ranked and gets points for wins. Imagine tournaments with hundreds more players because there will be divisions played not for money, but for fun and for the intellectual competition that backgammon affords.

Imagine a central place where anyone in the world interested in the game can go and get free videos and information and updates to help their game and find them places to play live and on line.

Imagine sponsors paying for boards and programs to bring backgammon into the schools...not just colleges but high schools and elementary schools. There are millions of people playing backgammon casually that know nothing about the organized side of the game, and imagine reaching them and showing them the fun and excitement of using the doubling cube and playing tournament backgammon.

Imagine local backgammon clubs that have tournaments several times a week, like Bridge, with hundreds of members instead of a dozen or two.

Imagine everyone having access to XG on a central server that works much faster and costs much less and you can use and access it from any computer or tablet or smartphone anytime.

Imagine a Professional division that is truly for professionals and there is significant money added all the time because of the volume of players supporting the game and because of sponsorship. A division that makes it truly profitable to become and remain a backgammon professional.

I have imagined all of these things for years, but now, a group of us are no longer just using imagination...we are putting together the tools and the organization to make all of the above happen. And we're not talking about it happening 10 years from now...we're talking in the next year or two tops.

Why haven't we had this before? Because until now we have not had the people with the vision, software, ability, desire, dedication, and money to make all of the above happen. Finally, we have a group of people who have all of these ingredients, and I am excited to be a part of it. I am sharing the vision with you now. The software and technology are ready. Now we are putting together the hardware and the infrastructure to make it all happen.

For the first time since I have been playing this game (over 50 years) I see a future for the game that will make this fantastic game bigger and better than it has ever been in the past.

More to come in coming weeks and months.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.