[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Speed Gammon Clock Ruling

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Sunday, 13 May 2018, at 2:10 p.m.

In Response To: Speed Gammon Clock Ruling (Jason Lee)

I simplified the story a little bit for the sake of posting the question -- My clock was higher, maybe around 25 seconds when I closed him out and he objected shortly thereafter. So while we disputed the issue, my clock ran down to around 8-10 seconds and I had to be careful to roll and play cleanly for the last several shakes, which was harder to do than usual because I was feeling angry.

Having had more experience at this point, I think I would have the calm and knowledge to pause the clock immediately when he spoke up and sort the situation out. If I lapsed and allowed the time to run down as in this case, I should get the TD over to restore my time before proceeding. I'd suppose that if I lost on time several rolls after the incident, I'd be in a tougher position to argue for the extra time. And of course I could still have left a shot in the bear off and found myself under time pressure in the post-hit game.

The players at the next table expressed disgust at the person's behavior afterwards.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.