[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 14 March 2007, at 5:48 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Sun. March 11th (Stick)

At least the plays aren't close right? As I mentioned before the Reader's position reminded me of something I'd recently posted, Inside Backgammon Position. Prerollout I was with the Readers wanting to hit hit hit. Reflecting on the positions, one v. the other, I think the key is that, even though hitting is still my preference here, it is much more called for in the other position as a tempo hit. If White doesn't hit in the Inside Backgammon position Blue has free reign to make some serious improvement. The only I threaten to do here if you don't hit me is work on escaping my back checker. Not a big improvement and you'll likely get many shots on down the line unless I roll perfecta after perfecta. By hitting here you create a more complicated game but are sacrificing an awful lot, esp. on my double hit #s. I never like the 3 pt but here it is a real option. It keeps your checkers connected, grabs the anchor, and I won't be doubling any time this week.

Match to 25, White leads 19 to 14
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

# Ply Move Equity
1 R bar/22 24/22 -0.336
0.4% 9.3% 41.7% 58.3% 16.6% 0.7%
95% confidence interval: - money cubeless eq.: -0.242 ±0.014. Rollout settings: Full rollout, 1296 games (equiv. 30280 games), played 3-ply (precise), random seed, with race database.
2 R bar/23 8/5* -0.337 (-0.001)
0.3% 10.1% 43.1% 56.9% 19.6% 1.7%
95% confidence interval: - money cubeless eq.: -0.247 ±0.015. Rollout settings: Full rollout, 1296 games (equiv. 29211 games), played 3-ply (precise), random seed, with race database.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.