[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Comparison Link

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 29 June 2009, at 11:32 a.m.

In Response To: eXtreme Gammon - Review/Overview (Stick)

I forgot to include the comparison link in my original post and I didn't bring it up to Xavier at the time. Bot comparison.

I wanted to clear up a couple of points that aren't totally accurate in my opinion.

1. It's a bit misleading to give XG a green checkmark to Multi processor support when it only handles dual cores at the moment and stick GNU with a big question mark. I feel GNU is completely stable for 2 cores and have only heard of problems from people running many more cores. (octacores)
  2. Under the Analyze tab it has 'Multi pass' listed and I don't know what that is.
  3. Also under the Analyze tab GNU is marked as not having the higher plies, 6 ply, 7 ply, as options. It does of course.
  4. GNU can schedule multiple rollouts either using the CMark feature (recently added) within' the same match/session.
  5. I'm also not entirely sure what 'Self play' means. Able to use GNU via the CLI a user can do basically anything they want with it. Log rollout sessions, etc..

Worth noting is XG analzyes in real time. You can play a game/match and you'll be able to access your errors/blunders immediately without having to wait until afterwards to analyze the match. This option is able to be toggled off also. A great feature I think. The only 'similar' feature GNU has is playing in tutor mode (also available in XG) but GNU's tutor mode is nowhere near as good as XG's instant analysis.

It's an unfair comparison of course since the creator of XG is choosing what items to list for the comparison. GNU has a few things I'd like to see integrated into XG in the future too.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.