[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

21$-62 At Match Scores

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2010, at 3:42 a.m.

In Response To: 21$-62 At Match Scores (Leonardo Jerkovic)

In Backgammon Today magazine, article says that JellyFish and Snowie3 rollouts confirm 13-7 6-4 as Magriel reccomended. Has anyone have that information how they got it?

The old Jellyfish data I have is 21$-62 [S Z11 $11 D14 R14 N16 U30], 7200 trials. So, I'm not sure where Backgammon Today got their Jellyfish info. Their source might have been a truncated rollout and/or one with too few trials (a chronic problem).

I don't seem to have kept Snowie-3 data for 21$-62, but most people weren't using live cubes for earlier versions of Snowie either, because comps were relatively slow -- they were forced to cut corners.

For Snowie-4, truncated rollouts are [Z S3 N7], and no live cube rollouts average to [Z S5 N7] 41k, whereas live cube rollouts average to [S Z9 N17] 36k.

In short, N had a better chance of randomly coming up on top in a rollout back in the earlier Snowie days, when truncs were resorted to more and a live cube was often not used (that's more than half the margin right there) and fewer trials were typically done.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.