[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Day #1 - Poker (OT)

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 30 April 2012, at 7:44 a.m.

So I wanted to do my usual, a super long text about the Vegas tournament, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. I'm going to start now by breaking it down into pieces of things I wanted to post. I have not played any poker at all I think in the last year or so. This trip to Vegas I was staying a week so plenty of free time. While I was sure to spend a lot of it playing Bonus Hold 'Em also, I wanted to play some live poker even though I knew I'd slop around at the $1/$2 NLHE game instead of my big preference for higher stake limit games. I was going to make an effort not to fall into the typical play like a jackass because who cares you're playing $1/$2 players so I recorded some hands.

First, the hand that made me not want to play poker the rest of the trip. (ended up being a good thing, no complaints)

Hand #1

The best way to see this hand is to hit the *View Replay* on the right side of the page. Obviously I have no idea what everyone's chip stacks were nor do they matter. I know I had at least $300 as I never sit with less than the max and exactly what the other player involved in the hand had. Seat 7 had at least the max buy in as I remember checking his stack before calling.

The small blind was a complete newb. He was a nice guy, talkative, told us it was his first time playing live (I believe him how he handled his chips etc..) and he had already literally went to the ATM to get out more money. He was over budget and his new plan was to lose what he bought in for again and call it quits.

Preflop here I was not real happy with my hand after being raised by LP and cold called by the SB even though it was him. On the flop he moved in auto and my only play was to mull it over trying to get the LP player to think I was weak and perhaps also call w/AK. Not sure what he had but he folded. I expected SBD to be on some sort of flush or flush/straight draw. I was all too happy it was even worse than that...until poker kicked in.

Hand #2

This hand I leave you to tell me how I should play my hand after the flop.

Hand #3

Again, action to you, what should I do and why?

I ended up down like 5 bills playing $1/$2 and was disgusted because the table was so bad. Evan Etter, a bg player who usually attends Vegas and plays in the intermediate, was also playing at the table. He plays poker nearly every day when he goes to Vegas and has a winning track record. He also lost around the same amount in this session at the same table as me to some hands where he got it all in with his opponent having 6-12%.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.