[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mathematics of cube decisions relative to bankroll

Posted By: Rod
Date: Thursday, 9 May 2013, at 6:52 p.m.

How should bankroll affect cube decisions, mathematically, rather than in a touchy-feely way?

Touchy-feely is easy... It's the quease-factor. But there must be some amount of equity that it is mathematically correct to lose / leave on the table in the interest of preserving bankroll.

And for the real world example (and in place of the one / several that actually got me thinking about this), let's say a certain someone was playing a now-giant back in 2009. Sassongammon was the game (roll 3 dice, opponent selects one to discard, play normally with remaining 2 dice), for dimes. I ship a 64 cube, upon which I get a favorable settlement. Another now-giant calls aforementioned now-giant a donkey, proceeds to play the position out and wins. The possibility of the 128 point loss didn't faze me but it did faze my opponent (then).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.