[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I do not care how beautiful their suspicions are

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Monday, 19 August 2013, at 2:45 a.m.

In Response To: I do not care how beautiful their suspicions are (Michael Petch)

FIDE laws of chess:

"12.3

During play the players are forbidden to make use of any notes, sources of information or advice, or analyse on another chessboard Without the permission of the arbiter a player is *forbidden* to have a mobile phone or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue, unless they are *completely switched off*. If any such device produces a sound, the player shall lose the game. "

A cellphone that is *completely* switch off and vibrates anyway would be an interesting trick. To me completely switched off is powering it down, not putting it into airline mode.

This guy is an idiot if he couldn't follow a basic rule. Whether he used it to cheat or not I don't know but clearly this guy is out of touch with the regulations that govern him.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.