[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nothing Could Be Finer Than BG In Carolina

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 4 September 2013, at 9:15 p.m.

In Response To: Nothing Could Be Finer Than BG In Carolina (Igor)

First, starting playoffs Sunday afternoon doesn't get you finished so everyone can catch flights home and get to work the next day.

And then there's the matter of skill. Why any weaker player would prefer this format is mind-boggling. Talk about cost versus equity.

And that's not even getting to the fact that 4 unlucky matches and you get to play only one day. And not even a whole one. Whereas with a single elimination you have conso and last chance, guaranteeing 3 matches minimum over 2 days. With your decreased number of rounds for a two-day you are only guaranteed 3.

You're looking at the entire thing in an odd way.... You want less equity and the same guaranteed number of matches. Instead of getting the benefit of a random draw, you want to play players who are theoretically better and show it with their better record.

Keep trying to squeeze equity out of that to help cover your travel. I don't get it. You should push against this format.

If it's simply a matter of getting more backgammon playing in, there are always loads of side events. I usually hold tournaments up because I'm getting my fill. (I've cashed in 10 events in the last 3 tournaments I've been to, including 2 mains and 2 masters, having participated in 17 events). And that's not even touching on the $1, $5, $10 and $20 chous that can be found at most tournaments.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.