[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Dueling Chouettes--Very Cool Idea

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 6 September 2013, at 4:22 a.m.

In Response To: Dueling Chouettes--Very Cool Idea (Keene)

The initial argument was about which chouette had better players. If you use PR you are not measuring chouette or money-play skill. If you have interlocking chouettes, you are having players from the same chou playing against each other, as well as players from the other.

So I believe the best way to prove which 6 players are stronger money players than the other 6 is to find ways to pit players from opposite chous against each other in money game or chouette-like situations.

Every year the 6 clubs in Illinois take their top 6 players and compete to see who has the best club. The No 1 players from each club play each other, as to the No. 2 and so on, usually 5 point matches, and a winning club is crowned. Most years the Chicago Barpoint club has dominated the other Illinois clubs, and I believe results from major tournaments and PR ratings will suggest that we do have the stronger players, but the last two years the Barpoint club has not won the competition.

Maybe a different format would be more fun, and more of a consulting or team event might also be more fun, or more of a true team-to-team competition. Tradition will probably keep anything from changing, but I am always looking for variety and better and more fun ways to compete.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.