[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Final reyflections on Florida (long)

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2013, at 5:05 p.m.

In Response To: Final reyflections on Florida (long) (Coolrey)

Thank you for the synopsis, Ray.

I do not and cannot attend every tournament -- though I understand I am second to you in the number of tournaments attended in the last three years.

I could not attend the Florida event as my wife celebrated a milestone birthday on Friday and we had family plans. Similarly, I cannot attend the Connecticut tournament this weekend because of a wedding in the family. I extended by best wishes to the Florida tournament, I extend my best wishes to the Connecticut tournament.

You are correct, I did not remark in our conversation of Perry's opinion to Rick that the Florida tournament might be better received without Neal's participation. I certainly have nothing to hide. As the incoming president of the USBGF (I had not yet assumed the office), I was offered the opportunity to listen in on the conversation of my predecessor with an ABT Tournament Director -- I thought it reasonable that I do so. Otherwise, I considered it a private conversation -- certainly, to my knowledge, the only public disclosure of any portions of the conversation has been in your post.

I did express to Rick, as I have expressed to all, my intent to assist all tournament directors and all club directors in every way possible in my tenure with the USBGF. I also offered to assist, personally, however I might, in organizational, promotional, marketing, execution, and other activities. I've co-directed one tournament but I've learned a lot; we were creative and successful in our marketing and promotional efforts -- I'm more than happy and willing to share any such information, experience, and/or suggestions in any way that might be beneficial to any and all other directors.

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of bad blood between Perry, Neal, and others -- I'm certain it is a two-way street with responsibility on both sides. However, I will direct the USBGF in a completely different style -- inclusive and participatory, with an emphasis on exposure and visibility, on a grass roots basis, to reach many more players and to make them aware of the game and the resources available to them as players. I hope the discord can be water under the bridge and I can be afforded the courtesy of a fresh slate with a new opportunity to promote the game for all.

That is all I can ask.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.