[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Perry, the IBC and Bill

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2013, at 6:22 p.m.

In Response To: Final reyflections on Florida (long) (Coolrey)

Ray, everyone knows my feelings about Perry so I won't revisit old issues. Bill Riles is in charge now and I am going to hope he does things differently.

With that in mind, I will ask for a public explanation of the following and hope Bill Riles will address it in an open and forthright manner, since I received no private response:

Not realizing that the 3rd IBC would be structured differently, I registered as soon as the email from the USBGF went out.

Tara emailed me that I shouldn't have and that qualification requirements/policy would be announce in coming days.

Tara then informed me that ONLY te IBC winner would gain an automatic berth, along with the west and east USBGF winners (Rich and Jeb). As a brief aside, everyone who heard of this thought that it was probably done because I was me and Perry was he - I received emails from international players who were surprised not to see my name on the roster and was asked by US players why I wasn't playing this year. I was one of 2 players who cashed in the large-ish international 2nd IBC - a decent result. And my finals matches with Petko was not a blow-out - I outplayed Petko (% to win) in one and he outplayed me in the other, though he averaged a 54% favorite on average between the two matches.

Anyhow, Tara then emailed that the last 13 spots would be filled by US Giants, from the highest ranked on down.

Ok. I was irritated. Knew Perry likely would have had the other casher from IBC 2 as an automatic berth had it not been me. But it wasn't the absolute craziest thing, so I didn't post anything. I grumbled when people asked why I wasn't playing this year but otherwise remained quiet.

HOWEVER, I saw the roster of 16 players, as anyone can. They contain... Several non-giants. And I mean players not in th top 64. Adam Veresaw. Didn't like it but thought "whatever, it's justifiable". But Dougie Roberts? Did I miss him on the giants list? How did that happen?

When Ray mentioned Perry using the USBGF for his own purposes, it struck a cord…. Did Perry place him on the team because he's a friend, because he's known him for a long time?

So, Bill, Tara was involved in this. I think Karen was, too. The issue happened.

Why did it happen and how are things going to be done differently under your leadership so favors aren't granted and issues are handled fairly. Rich Munitz JUST commented on the Lucky FL issue saying that "if it was written in the brochure then he would have ruled Lucky ineligible". How is it that the USBGF decided to do things differently than their own posted (Tara's email to me) method for selection?

And the big issue I have here is that the USBGF not get used as a means for personal favors! That's not what I created it for. You create a set of selection rules - follow them. Don't use the USBGF to dole out personal favors.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.