[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

over rated

Posted By: Keene
Date: Tuesday, 17 December 2013, at 5:14 p.m.

In Response To: over rated (falafel)

Agree / Disagree.

The relative playing strength that we perceive we have is often far removed from the relative playing strength that others perceive we have.

For example - I have only once watched you play, and I wasnt unimpressed, I wasnt impressed either - it was small stakes doubles match. My sample set it simply too small for me to make an accurate judgement. However, your reputation perhaps indicates you are much stronger than you may actually be? Maybe we are perceiving you are much stronger than you are, and you are benefiting from the other side of the argument?

As someone else mentioned, a common trait in people is to have an inflated opinion of how good we are. Self belief is half the battle to improvement - if you can believe you can succeed, then you can.

The flip side is recognizing your own weaknesses - thats also (to use an entirely different epithet) half the battle. Once you recognize a weakness, then you are halfway to fixing it.

Personally, I know my weaknesses. I am working on them. I know my strengths too, and I keep on working those too.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.