[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stick teaches mochy backgammon. (Mochy's blunder 03)

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Monday, 17 February 2014, at 1:54 p.m.

In Response To: Stick teaches mochy backgammon. (Mochy's blunder 03) (neilkaz)

We have a long match league in Japan (Meijin League). Each branch hold its own half-yearly league to choose their representatives, then we play a playoff among those players. (Number of representatives in each branch is vary - depends on the size of the branch.)

In tokyo branch we have 3 leagues devided by a rating. The top league played by top 8 players and each match is for 25p. This position is taken from this match.

The prize money for the playoff is very small (around $2500) compare to the effort you have to make. (You should play at least 7sets of 25p match in the league, then another 4 matches in the play off)
However it is really honor to win this title because it is so hard to win by weak players. Many people consider it is more honorable than winning in Japan Open.

When I played the final of Monte Carlo 2009, I had literally played 100 sets of 25p match already. That brought me a big confident before the match. Obviously an inventor of this league (Kenji Shimodaira) dreamed that one day a Japanese plays the final of the world championship. I was happen to be the one. It was all started 20 years ago.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.