[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140307A The Prime Factors -- Consultation

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Friday, 7 March 2014, at 1:58 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140307A The Prime Factors -- Consultation (Stick)

Stick: To prove my point in a thread long ago lost this tie breaking method still gives one person far more weight than all the others. At the time I think you (everyone) thought I meant the person deciding on the tie break.

It doesn't matter what I think -- in fact I thought both things. What I thought then and still think now is that this method of tiebreak, and any other where a single person decides, is undemocratic. The current method at least has the benefit of potentially providing an interesting discussion.

I only agreed to the current method because of all the vitriol aimed at my "coin flip" method (which is clearly the only method that empowers everybody equally) -- I called the current method a compromise, but it wasn't really -- I pretty much completely capitulated. I just needed to find something agreeable to move ahead.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.