[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140307A The Prime Factors -- Consultation

Posted By: Steve Mellen
Date: Friday, 7 March 2014, at 7:03 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140307A The Prime Factors -- Consultation (Jason Lee)

I voted for 11/10(2) 4/3(2) originally. I know Stick only went along with it because he knows I am the best player, but like, whatevs, it's still the move I like.

I think the tempo hit is important. I don't want to give him a bunch of numbers to make our bar, and even if we were to block that with 8/7(2), he still gets plenty of 1's and 2's to make the anchor plus 6-5 to make a point in our outer board. With us having 3 checkers back, he gets a perfectly playable game if he can make the anchor on our 3-point, even if we have 4 points in a row in front of him. So I don't want to make a quiet play.

If we hit, then what next? I don't like the double hit with 4/2(2). We have little ammo to follow up with, and there is a high likelihood that he anchors on either our 4-point or 3-point with us having little structure in front of him. The second tempo just doesn't gain very much and the checkers on the 2-point provide little value.

That leaves the choice of either 8/7(2) or 11/10(2) with the last two aces. I prefer 11/10(2) because it puts those checkers in play, 6 away from the 4-point. If we leave them back on the 11th they are not accomplishing nearly as much, so let's activate them.

I'd of course be interested to hear arguments for any of the plays I rejected. Or, perhaps, the surprise 5th candidate!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.