[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Donkey Corner #8

Posted By: David Presser
Date: Thursday, 3 April 2014, at 6:09 p.m.

In Response To: Donkey Corner #8 (Stick)

In such a late opening stage and with 10 checkers in the zone my default play is hitting twice unless there is a constructive alternative.

We have 10 in the zone, but there exists a constructive alternative of remaking the 8 point. After giving it some thought I believe hitting twice is right because of lack of prime potential when having the 10 and 4 points. In other words, 13/8 is a bit more prime oriented, and 6/1* is more attacking oriented and it seems that the best game plan here is attacking, so I hit twice.

If I had the 9 point instead of the 10, or the 5 point instead of the 4, I would prefer 13/8.

Having said that, two things come to mind: 1. the 13/7* play looks intuitive to me and only after considering the position more carefully (QF contributed to that) I decided on what I think is a better play. I can easily miss the two hit if I play this on auto-pilot, or not fully focused in the game. 2. I don't see how either play is a blunder here. To me it feels more in the error range.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.