[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

World V. DK Final Match

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 20 April 2014, at 8:05 p.m.

Due to the rest of the event it starts with the World leading 5a 17a. This makes it more interesting in general esp. for US players who aren't as accustomed to playing long matches where this sort of staggered score is never encountered. On top of that the match (game) was interesting in and of itself.

I have already included my own brief comments in this file because there was so much down time for most plays. The analysis is XGR++ or rolled out already for the same reason. I put some notes from the match itself in there like when bets were discussed/taken.

Download Match

A possible recommendation for captains for future similar events (or even doubles, but it's less confusing then), don't move and set up half plays and shuffle the checkers around so much. Setting up a play and looking at it is one thing but during this match I would have been frustrated with how much shuffling and half plays were going on. Personally, I would prefer it was played closer to touch move so that everyone on the team can visualize on their own instead of trying to remember what the captain has moved around.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.