[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Basic Question about the Cube Information Dialog Box in XG

Posted By: Kevin Finch
Date: Wednesday, 23 July 2014, at 9:11 p.m.

I am sure that I am just missing something very basic here but I am a bit confused as to how to interpret the Market Window tab in the Cube Information dialog box.

My understanding is that the 'Double Point' number is that %age of games that would need to be won for a cube to be appropriate in a given position. Seems simple enough. So, when the position is analyzed as having a live cube double point of 'X%' say, then anything over X (short of Too Good) should be a good double.

Yet my interpretation here is incorrect because that is not the way things work out. For example, I set up a non-gammonish racing position (just to keep things simple) with the leader 2 away and the trailer 3 away. The double point at that match score for the leader is 66.7%. But if I try to double in a position where the leader is only 67% to win it is a large blunder (-.167).

My thanks in advance if someone could point out where my misunderstanding is.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.