[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Šibenik Backgammon Quiz 2014.

Posted By: Mislav Kovacic
Date: Monday, 15 September 2014, at 6:03 p.m.

From 12.-14.09, 1st international tournament - Šibenik Backgammon Open was held as part of the Croatian Backgammon Tour. It was a record breaking tournament of CBgF in terms of the number of participants and hopefully the first of many to follow.
One of the events was a backgammon quiz created by me with free entry and the added money for the top 3 results.
Here is the link for the quiz in PDF format, you can print it out or try to solve it on your computer: www.docdroid.net/hmpl

These are the rules that were given to all participants:

ŠIBENIK BACKGAMMON QUIZ
Solving time: 20 minutes

Rules:
1) The test consists of 12 positions with multiple choice.
2) You have to circle the letter before the answer that you consider correct.
3) In all positions the result is 0-0 in a 9-point match and the doubling cube is in the middle.
4) It is not allowed to write on the test, except to circle the answers.
5) Problems vary from very easy to bit harder and are not arranged by difficulty.

The average of all participants was 3.9 / 12 even though I don't consider the quiz especially hard. I am guessing the BGO crowd will do much better.
Positions were selected so that they contain many attractive candidates but in all of them the answers are very logical, without any crazy tricks.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.