[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Finals – Akiko Yazawa vs. Kit Woolsey – Three Cube Decisions

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 25 November 2014, at 4:34 p.m.

In Response To: Vegas Finals – Akiko Yazawa vs. Kit Woolsey – Three Cube Decisions (Taper_Mike)

Only 1 of these problems is at all difficult and requiring much analysis and that is #2.

#1 is trivial. Is this a money take? I am not sure, so of course it isn't a redouble with a big lead when I will be force fed an 8 cube with 3 pts of overage if I cube now.

#3 is trivial. Kit will be down 11a1aC if he loses and that is practically hopeless. His recube to 8 results in 3 pts of overage for Akiko. He is risking about 3 1/3% to gain about 28% and of course he can win this game more than often enough to recube.

If you can't remember what 11a1aC is do the following. Remember that 7a1aC is 9.3% and then multiply by 0.6 to get 9a1aC and then multiply by 0.6 again to get 11a1aC. One can keep multiplying by 0.6 to get further Crawford-odd lopsided score ME's.

#2 Akiko did a good job getting this right OTB !!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.