[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcription Process...

Posted By: Omar Shah
Date: Tuesday, 28 July 2015, at 2:03 a.m.

Hi Guys,

As a habit, for studying purposes, I transcribe all my live matches and few chouette sessions into XG by recording them via a tablet and tripod.

Over the years the process of Transcribing has gotten a little faster but not by much nor efficient.

I enter my games on a Laptop on which there isn't a NUM LOCK (Calculator style keys). Entering the moves with my right hand with a mouse and my left hand punches in the numbers.However, I found my left hand wasn't ergonomically placed and got strained after 30-45 minutes. Therefore after playing Novi this year I bought a External USB Numeric Keypad.

I found that using the external Numeric pad with my left hand and using the right hand for moves entry on XG and occasionally pausing the video have made a astronomical difference. I easily have shaved off 10-15 minutes on the hour of the process. I am usually on par with Video otherwise ahead and can forward to the final move.

An other technique is during the game and for ease of transcribing is to call out the Dice during play. The tablet captures audio and is easy to hear and input instantly rather than moving the dice toward the center constantly during a game.

Some of you may be asking; "What is the point of this post?". Well, one to share my findings with you in case it may help others and to ask others out there if they have found shortcuts or faster technique to Transcribe and will share?

Thanks & Sincerely, Omar Shah

P.S. Looking forward to Phil Simborg's "TransXGiber". Also, if this question has been discussed here, please direct me to it. I couldn't find it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.