[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why go to Cleveland? (March 23-26)

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2017, at 1:33 p.m.

Why do I go to Cleveland every year, and going again March 23-26?

1. Joe Miller and friends host the friendliest tournament in backgammon...casual and fun and nicely run but also with great competition, and the entry fees are very reasonable compared to most tournaments.

2. I really enjoy doing a lecture there every year, and it is never just your typical backgammon lecture...surprises and something different each time. Mary Hickey wins my lecture competitions often but this year I am hoping Victor will give her a run for her money.

3. I often make time to get to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame--an amazing experience.

4. On Saturday night I always go to one of my favorite restaurants in the world...a dumpy little restaurant/bar that serves some of the best gourmet food (at very reasonable prices)--Johnny's.

5. On Thursday night there is a fun, casual pre-tournament and that leaves me time on Friday to go the R&R Hall of Fame and play some chouettes.

6. The hotel is a very nice Marriott for under $100 a night with a free shuttle from the airport.

It's one of my favorite backgammon weekends anywhere...hope to see a lot of my friends there.

Need more information? Contact Joe Millier at osbc@neo.rr.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.