[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Headphones

Posted By: benf
Date: Monday, 26 March 2018, at 3:00 p.m.

In Response To: Headphones (Bill Finneran)

Use ear plugs is a reasonable argument. For me, it just doesn't do the trick. There is more to it then the distractions, there is being able to get myself in the right frame of mind the way that only music can. I would actually be more comfortable with the rule if it just barred headphones completely. At least then nobody could take a shot or be upset when they have played 10 matches in a row with them and are suddenly told no.

I played fine without the headphones in the finals, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater still doesn't sit right with me.

There is a limit to your argument of course. Many tournaments ask for quiet in the room, players shew away those of us that talk loudly, ect. Some tournament directors even go out of their way to make a private and quiet room for the finals. This all implies that the noise and distractions are not necessarily part of the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.