[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

S versus Z in nactation

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Friday, 9 October 2009, at 2:45 p.m.

In Response To: S versus Z in nactation (Stick)

Stick, I am certainly not expecting you or anyone to change any existing text. What I am envisaging is starting to use 21Z from this point on, gradually transitioning to a situation where 21Z becomes the standard nactation. The reason this is feasible is that I am not really advocating any fundamental change in nactation; 21S and 21Z can peacefully coexist during the transition period, and even if everyone switches over to 21Z, there is no need to change any legacy uses of 21S because it will still be clear what 21S means.

In contrast, if I were to advocate switching the meanings of S and Z so that 43S and 43Z switch meanings, then all existing text would have to be changed, and one would constantly have to ask, "Is this the old meaning or the new meaning?" That would be chaos, and I fully agree that it is unrealistic and unreasonable to do that (even though I sort of wish S and Z had been defined the other way around).

As for experts versus students, it's true that it's currently the experts who use nactation. However, I don't think it has to be that way. The whole reason I'm suggesting this is that I think nactation is a great invention and would like to see it more widely used. Therefore I would like to make the learning curve as gentle as possible.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.