[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants Candidates Part III (Malcolm Davis)

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Sunday, 29 November 2009, at 6:29 p.m.

In Response To: Giants Candidates Part III (Stick)

As for Malcolm Davis... I have played him a lot, and his checker play is excellent. His nerve is unmatched... His age now handicaps him because he makes some misreads on his dice and moves the checkers to wrong places sometimes.

For a long time I had a better record than I should vs. Malcolm because he hates to get slapped by a bot... He does NOT want to be told he missed a double... Maybe it is a Texas manly thing? Anyway, I made the mistake of mentioning that to him... and he slowed down his doubling against me.

That was effective because, shit, I take when my opponent was TOO GOOD to double. I have lost 3 times in a row to him since then.

He sends me the matches and he always plays from 1.x to 3.5 or so. NEVER higher.

Definitely a Giant vote deserving player. Especially since he records and sends all his matches. His work ethic is second to none.

He has been around for longer than I have and I have been playing over 30 years now. He was always a name player. He, like Nack Ballard and Paul Magriel, IS a giant of this game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.