[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Starting out in GO (OT)

Posted By: Mislav Kovacic
Date: Monday, 7 March 2011, at 1:58 a.m.

In Response To: Starting out in GO (OT) (Adam Versaw)

"Thanks Mislav. I was up until 2:00am reading about how to play Go. Sounds like a great game."

It sure does. I used to play chess before and while I really love backgammon I sometimes miss that kill factor when I sit down at the board KNOWING that I am going to destroy my weaker opponent. Of course in BG you never know even against the biggest of fish. Could be my ego speaking but that feeling of superiority is pretty much the only thing I miss from chess. Also, Go seems to be by far the most complex board game + it has huge number of players worldwide so it sounds like an ideal game to supplement backgammon. The only problem is that day only has 24 hours, and with backgammon and poker already taking up most of my time it kinda makes it hard to fit in something else, especially as complex as Go. (but I'll give it a go :) )

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.