[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants List - Candidates etc...(long)

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Thursday, 26 January 2012, at 9:06 a.m.

In Response To: Giants List - Candidates etc...(long) (Phil Simborg)

Near as I can tell, Phil, at least three of the people on your list of people that should be discounted for lack of play, have been playing more than I have. And their games are probably much sharper than mine.

(But thanks for the vote of confidence. :-))

My trouble is that to get Ray's vote I had to go out and get a job so I wouldn't be a lazy, free-loading, slothful, lacking-in-civic-pride, anarchistic, malefactor. It didn't help; I am still all that but meanwhile have to actually work. The horror! And it didn't help my game any, so I lost everyone else's vote. Thanks, Ray!

Since I'm typing, I agree that you can gain an advantage by exploiting an opponent's weakness, but think it is more likely to be a blind spot with the cube than with the checkers. I won't name the number one giant, but in a major match I deliberately offered a double whopper of a cube - because I knew he would drop it. (No, it wasn't our match in Vegas, Nack. This was someone else. You never drop.) But I also agree with David. After playing with him for years I know that trying to exploit his weaknesses is a waste of time, he doesn't have any.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.