[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Holding Game 22

Posted By: hominid
Date: Monday, 27 February 2017, at 9:57 a.m.

In Response To: Holding Game 22 (Paul Weaver)

I decided to analyse the position before reading earlier posts so my thoughts were not influenced. I noticed duplication, whites difficulty in playing 6 and 5 and the importance of timing. 13/11 without a doubt. I wanted to attack the one point and yet nurse blues timing. 11/7 8/6 that looks pretty and I only drop 1 timing count.

Shock and awe the rollout is already up! My copy of XG is already doing the business, Ive paused fishsim. Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear. It is a mistake to claim a best play on account of such a paltry rollout by XG. It gives XG a bad name. Who out there really believes the run is best. White has a great racing lead, blue needs a hit. It must be my age ive zapped XG. From memory the top plays were 13/7 8/6, 13/9 8/4, 13/11 8/2, 13/5. A beautiful dance with timing and tactics lol. I will start again and make sure the run is in my final rollout.

I decided to beat up on XG a while back. I rolled first. I played a passive second. "WHAT" I was incensed, "THATS NO BLUNDER" As I sat there getting more irritable it dawned on me it may be a book response. Analysis proved my play to be the best with very little equity difference. Does XG make book plays on the second play, and if so only one possibility ? Its the aggressive passive syndrome again. This is not the first time that I've had such a situation. Are there some errors in the book?

PS . will read the posts now

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.