[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Finalists not a surprise

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 27 May 2013, at 1:55 p.m.

I know this is anecdotal and not proof, but Most of us maintain that Swiss formats are more likely to result in the better players advancing. If you look at the list of names of the remaining 11 players in the Chicago open, eight Are either current giants or have been on recent Giants lists in the past few years. The other three have proven to be top tournament players with their results in recent years with the exception of Herb Roman who I consider to be the best, active player in backgammon tournaments who has never won a tournament.

I believe this is good for the game as it not only rewards better players for their hard work and dedication to become so highly skilled, it also helps prove to the world that backgammon is truly a game of skill.

(However, I so want to make it clear that the only reason I ever lose to any of those great players is because of bad luck. )

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.