[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congratulations to Rod Covlin, Peoria Winner, First Place in ABT!!

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 7 October 2013, at 6:31 p.m.

In Response To: Congratulations to Rod Covlin, Peoria Winner, First Place in ABT!! (neilkaz)

NK: It seems that I saw too many miracles for my side from that position.

When we look for miracles, we find them, its only human.

On playing vs stronger / weaker opps, I got a snort of disgust from Petko when I justified a cube decision vs him by saying hes a stronger player than me, and I had to maximize my opportunities (my decision ended up being very correct, regardless of strength). I think that from what I have read here about playing to different strengths, its remarkably difficult to make those plays and remain effective.

I will personally stick to minor cube decisions for skill adjustments, and limit myself there.

Interestingly, I also played Bill Davis, and he was slotting at me a whole lot too - I also jokingly complained about the cheek of it! Also, I got extremely lucky in that match too (major whiffing on Bills part, and an inability for me to miss shots from the bar).

I too offer my congratulations Rod - an excellent series of results. Well played, sir!

The rest of the year for ABT is going to be extremely exciting. Three top players all fighting it out within 3 pts - I am sure you will all be attending the remaining events.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.