[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

QuestionS

Posted By: Donby
Date: Monday, 21 October 2013, at 7:05 p.m.

In Response To: Doubles events - pro / am (David Rockwell)

Hi, I never really played a double event. From this perspective, some points in this discussion are interesting for me.

1. Is there a need of mixing pros and ams because otherwise the fields are too small?

2. If a pro plays with an am- isn't that a situation where you get the best equity when let the pro always decide?

3. Wouldn't it cause 'bad blood' if you-as an am- decide moves or cube actions against the opinion of the pro?

4. Although somebody mentioned the learning factor, is this a big deal for the am?

5. If for example Mochy plays with am1 and Stick with am2, wouldn't it be the same as if they 'd play without ams?

I thought that in general in a double play two players who

a) are good friends and want to have a good time playing some backgammon

and or

b) have nearly the same skill so that there is really no reason to prefer generally one's play

What about the idea, to change the active player after every game- the other one mustn't communicate when he doesn't play. Wouldn't that be more authentic because both play and decide nearly the same amount?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.