[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Let's not confuse money management with people management

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Monday, 23 December 2013, at 2:13 p.m.

In Response To: Chouette Money Management Equity and PR Issues (mamabear)

I completely agree that money managements is a weak excuse for making a bad decision, but dropping or taking close cubes or giving or holding on to a cube based on the skills and proclivities of the opponent is a valid adjustment that cannot be measured by XG and can rarely be proven mathematically, but can certainly be proven by results and experience.

For example, when I give a cube that is not a double to a player that I am fairly certain will drop, and he does drop, I have proven my point. And if I double a cube that is too good to double and he takes, I have again proven my point.

However, if I drop a cube that is a take because it is against a highly skilled player who will help the other 3 players in the game with their checker plays and cube decisions, I cannot prove that I truly did come out ahead by giving away equity to to better player, but my experience and judgment tell me that I believe I did the right thing, logically and financially, and I will continue to make those kinds of decisions. This is not money management, but is people management.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.