[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

If

Posted By: Pat MacNeil
Date: Monday, 24 February 2014, at 11:38 p.m.

In Response To: Children in London lives ruined by Backgammon (Fatboy)

I feel the need to clarify my position if I hadn't done so already. What it all boils down to is "IF". If BackGammon is wanting to be on the same playing field as Poker (Legislation wise) then it MUST adopt the same rules. Please note the key word legislation. Otherwise, BG COULD incur the wrath of a higher authority. Language needs to be in place to protect itself from just such an occurrence. Now, if BG does NOT wish to associate itself with Poker then it all becomes a moot point. I am not, as one would suggest, being overly protective of children. What I AM doing is serving as a voice in letting the executive boards of the ABT and USBGF to be prudent in their decisions. Whatever they decide will be up to them and will have been done so in a democratic fashion.

Pat, but you can just call me X-25, MacNeil

PS. On an unrelated topic, I've got a few ideas on how best to promote BackGammon (Some good, most delusional). My best one revolves around Falafel with support from Mochy and four other high-profile Japanese players. I won't divulge now but know that I will be wanting to speak with each of you about it. I'm not sure if we'd be able to pull it off but, man oh man, would it ever be funny if we could. I'm shooting for the US Open in late April.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.