[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Children in London lives ruined by Backgammon

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2014, at 5:21 p.m.

In Response To: Children in London lives ruined by Backgammon (phil simborg)

The fact that it doesn't resonate for you

Actually, it DOES resonate for me. This isn't about me. What I'm saying is that I have learned over the years that you're a lot better off not using sarcasm. Stay the course -- you won't convince the real sticks in the mud, but you will win over enough people that the grumps won't matter.

But on another note, isn't sarcasm and humor just plain fun sometimes?

Yes it is. Sarcasm and humor are important tools -- I have a difficult time interacting with people who don't get them. I just think they have a place.

I want to make sure I'm clear -- I'm not in any way "chastising" you for using sarcasm. I think there's nothing wrong with your biting remark. What I am saying is, if you want to think long view, that I believe sarcasm should be avoided. It is my opinion, nothing else, that you'll do better -- you'll convince more people, you'll sound more reasoned -- if you avoid sarcasm.

Keep in mind again that I wholeheartedly agree with your point of view on this issue.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.