[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube action ATS?

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 11:13 a.m.

In Response To: Cube action ATS? (John O'Hagan)

When this conundrum was first posted I formed an opinion as to the correct cube decision. I decided not to post my opinion. I changed my mind when a further contribution was made. It seems that even with a knowledge of market, Windows of opportunity, MWC, take points and whatever else,the solution is not easy. This approach is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

This problem is all about the match score, Gammon chances and the turned cube. But for the match score I doubt that the cube would be proffered. Giving a percent value for the positions on both sides, it is obvious that it is basically even Stevens but Brown has the edge. From whites point of view this is a great opportunity to redress the match score even at only a 35% chance this roll. Brown will take as this gives him the opportunity to maybe even win the match from here with his good Gammon chances. One could kick around a few roll odds but this is a volatile position and doing so would not prove much. Brown is unlikely to lose more than four points. It may be that MWC will give the definitive answer but I cant hack all that stuff.

It is refreshing to note that some of the better players are prepared to admit they struggle with the more technical stuff over the board.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.