[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT: Win8/8.1, Refurb etc... (short)

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Wednesday, 2 April 2014, at 2:34 p.m.

In Response To: OT: Win8/8.1, Refurb etc... (short) (Keene)

Keene said: "Actually, I think that my experience is closer to Win7 than XP."

I agree with you on that, however Seth (from my understanding in emails) has never used Win7, so the experience will be closer to XP from his perspective.

I was an early adopter of Vista for a development environment and ran into a lot of problems. In more limited memory conditions Vista performed pretty poorly, and many of the drivers (especially when using 64bit Vista) were immature and had problems. I will admit that the hardware issues mainly disappeared by the time Service Pack 2 came out, but IMHO was still a resource hog. When Win7 came out that seemed to be much less of an issue.

If one were to buy a Windows Vista system - Vista 32bit I'd recommend 4GB minimum, probably 8GB if using 64Bit. Make sure it is upgraded to Service Pack 2 and that you install all the latest hardware drivers from the manufacturers website.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.